August 2010. Sweat it all out!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pick Your Battles, with Tana


That glass of wine on the left is mine. That dessert is not.

I've been getting up at least 3 mornings a week - GO ME! While I feel amazing after each morning session, it has yet to get easy. The days I choose to sleep in for work I've gotten to the gym for a late lunch or evening work out. I feel my clothes getting loose and my thighs getting firmer. I see my stomach shrinking very gradually and my overall disposition is a little bit brighter...

When working to get in to one's "skinny" jeans, one starts to examine and over think every bite of nourishment laid in front of one's salivating face. This particular Tuesday night, while out with the ladies, we dined at Clyde Common - the menu was amazing. I started with a local vodka martini - http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0846/is_5_21/ai_82333620/ - The conversation ran rampant as G and I waited for or first course, fried chicken liver with raw beets - a rich lovely start. I ate slow and enjoyed each delicious morsel. The main course consisted of grilled lamb, roasted peppers and Israeli cous cous accompanied by a decedent Oregon Pinot. I've been making a conscious effort to really enjoy everything I eat. I've also made a conscious effort to cut my portions in half, no matter how hungry I feel. I leave the table satisfied and can savor the left over for lunch the following day. Picking my battle was positioning myself to indulge in that dessert or drown in another glass of that Pinot. The Pinot won - as it always will. I've tried to plan my days so if I know I'll be having a heavy dinner I make sure my breakfast and lunch are very light.
Tomorrow morning - 630am work out.
Did you get your work out in today?

No comments:

Post a Comment