August 2010. Sweat it all out!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Agony and the Becstacy: October Update and Milestones

“Seriously, you need new jeans; those look all baggy and gross.”- Everyone

“Whatever, they do not!”- Me

5 months of working out and October 6th, I considered the fact that I might need new jeans. The following is a TRUE and TMI story.

I’m strutting to the bathroom after hydrating all day (very important!) mentally thought I had unzipped and pulled down said jeans. Turns out, I didn’t unzip at all but STILL pulled them down – hear that boys- jeans should not be removable without a zipper, at least for urination....right?

The details of what happened next are self explanatory but DUDE that was pretty awesome considering 5 months ago, I had to suck it in with spanx to pull those suckers on and STILL ended up wishing everyone a top of the muffin.

Also proves that I don’t listen to ANYONE and just need to figure out things on my own. Smiley Face

Also proves….sigh, that I guess, I supposedly, maybe, perhaps, definitely need new jeans.

****MAJOR MILESTONE ALERT: 10-10-10****

After a not gym appropriate meal of In n Out (note I drank water and didn’t inhale all the fries as I usually do) followed by the most AMAZING Sundae at Ghirardelli Square (note I ate about ¾” of it and ordered it with bananas, obvs REMOVING calories, right?!) on Saturday night, I awoke on Sunday morning feeling fabulous and (hurrah!) hangover free from the debauchery of Friday night (a practice I have been sacrificing for the love of blog, and my waistline). Something was different.

I had this new energy. I had pulled back from running a lot since I had some pain above my right ankle and in my midfoot (no comment!) so I was starting over slow again with increasing my distance about ¼” of a mile every other day. I was up to about 2 miles. This day was different. This day, I RAN THREE MILES. I was a machine. I was on fire. I hadn’t SWEAT that much since….well….nevermind (winky face!).


Since I felt like I had burned 10,000 calories from that run (results not typical) I thought that was an opportune time to take new photos and measurements. So BEHOLD the -notquiteas-HARSH REALITY:

Measurements from 1O/10 and the difference from 7/25.

Thighs: 23" (-1”)

Hips: 36 1/2" (-2.5”)

Waist: 29" (-1”)

Chest: 35 1/2" (-1/2” I want that back, plz!)

Weight: 155 lbs (-7 lbs, with a total of -15 lbs since June!)

No comments:

Post a Comment