August 2010. Sweat it all out!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Jeans.Don't.Lie!

Special K is RIGHT!

We can convince ourselves that we are a size 6…8...22 and go along with that notion until the cows come home (no pun intended....well, in my case, it is SO intented) but the truth of the matter is that:

Jeans Don’t Lie!

With my aplogies in advance, observe the following photos:

The one on the left was me in April of this year on a party trolly for my Birthday.

---***Hellooooo!***----***Problem!****---

I know I was the birthday girl and all (and ironically getting action on a semi regular basis - go figure!) but good Lord, this is NOT okay! This takes the expression "top of the muffin to you" to a whole new level. I am even wearing Spanx because I recall drinking until I didn't feel like I was suffocating in them. Happy Birthday to me!

Now, observe the photo on the right, taken at the end of August at my favorite place - besides a party trolly or the Jelly Belly factory - BOOT BARN. Yes, those are the same jeans and (despite the dramatic pose) they are pretty close to fitting me like they are supposed to. Progress. The boots definitely help, but I didn't have an extra $200.oo to spend that day. Next time.

These jeans are a size 10, and I am sure I will be a size 1o for quite some time simply because I had convinced myself that I was never above a size 10. Not acceptable behavior. I am learning more and more each day to love my body and part of that just happens to be because I work out like a crazy person most mornings. If I hated it, I wouldn't do it. I have started a routine and stopped before, but this is the longest I have gone and I am truly loving it and the results I am getting. Having a bestie to blog with and keep me going also helps, I encourage everyone to get a workout buddy, even if they live far away because it keeps you accountable.
Stay tuned for a weight loss update and, gulp, bathing suit photos from my trip to Hawaii. That is a promise AND a threat.
Until next time, America: Work. Work Out. Work It.







1 comment: